Our client is seeking a PA or NP to practice under the general direction and supervision of the Medical Director and/or Primary Collaborating Physician, this position provides comprehensive coordinated primary and preventive health care services to an ethnically diverse patient population across the lifespan, including prenatal care.
Masters degree in Nursing or Physician Assistant Studies or Doctorate degree in Nursing. Licensure in State of Alaska as an Advanced Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant-Certified; Advanced Nurse Practitioner board certification in family medicine required. Current DEA and certification in BLS
Essential Functions :
Provide direct outpatient care by-
- Screen, examine, diagnose, manage and treat physical disease, injuries and medical disorders.
- Order and interpret routine laboratory analysis and x-rays, and prepare case histories.
- Recognize the systems of substance abuse and respond appropriately to patient attempts to obtain unnecessary prescriptions
- Recognize serious illnesses and conditions and refer to physician, or other health professional as appropriate.
- Provide after-hours call coverage in coordination with other medical staff and call group ensuring continuity of patient care with physician backup.
- Assist in development of clinical procedures.
Candidate with experience in Internal Medicine, Acute Care, Family Medicine, Emergency Medicine preferred but will take new grads willing to work in remote areas and comfortable working autonomously.
iRecruitMD is a nationally recognized recruitment firm specializing in the Healthcare Industry. At iRecruitMD , the priority is not about placing providers to facilities- It is about creating value for our clients and building relationships that last. We understand the shortage of providers and the challenge that our clients face. That is why our mission at iRecruitMD is to provide our clients with first class, professional opportunities at an efficient rate and reasonable cost.
Location/Region: Fairbanks, AK (US)