POSITION AVAILABLE: ON-CALL
SHIFTS AVAILABLE: ALL
• Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
• Current licensure as a Registered Nurse or a Licensed Vocational Nurse in the state in which practicing.
• Possess one or more year’s experience in a skilled nursing care facility.
• Ability to read, write and speak the English language.
• Possess mental and physical health.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assess resident’s skin condition by doing complete body assessment on admission, re-admission and
return from day, night or extended leave of absence.
• Initiate the Nurse’s Skin and Wound Progress report upon identification of any skin problem and/or
• Notify attending physician promptly when any skin condition is identified.
• Initiate all treatments immediately as prescribed by attending physician.
• Ensure that all skin conditions have corresponding treatment orders.
• Ensure that all sites of any skin problems are identified and documented on the nursing assessment
form upon admission.
• Photograph all newly admitted residents with any skin problems and with stage 2, 3, and 4 pressure
ulcers. Indicate date photograph was taken.
• Photograph all residents with any skin problems and with stage 2, 3, and 4 pressure ulcers upon
discharge, except in an emergency transfer.
• Ensure that all skin problems and pressure ulcers are documented on the resident’s Plan of Care.
• Perform a weekly skin assessment on all residents and submit findings to the Administrator, Director
of Nurses, MDS Coordinator, Dietary Consultant and Physical Therapist.
• Document skin assessment findings during weekly assessment on weekly Nurse’s Skin Wound Progress
Report form, inform physician as needed and enter on resident’s Plan of Care.
• Notify attending physician and Director of Nursing Services promptly of any deterioration of any skin
problem and non-response to treatment.
• Notify Dietary Consultant promptly on any need for dietary intervention.
• Notify Physical Therapist promptly on any need for wound management.
• Transcribe and document treatment orders on treatment sheet.
• Audit and check treatment sheet recaps on a monthly basis.
• Audit missing documentation on treatment sheet at the end of each month.
• Order medication and treatment from pharmacy as prescribed by the attending physician.
• Consult with skin care consultant regarding need to initiate or discontinue special bed.
• Responsible for daily charges of equipment and supplies.
• Review monthly charges before submission to Business Office.
• Monitor oxygen supply.
• Check and request supplies weekly from central supply personnel.
• Change drainage bags weekly and PRN, or as per facility policy and procedure.
• Responsible for taking cultures as ordered by the attending physician.
• Attend in-service classes, meetings and seminars as required.
• Make monthly rounds with skin care consultant.
• Keep treatment carts clean at all times.
• Notify Director of Nursing Services promptly of any skin problem that developed in the facility.
• Others as may become necessary and appropriate or as may be directed by the Director of Nursing
Services or Administrator.
• Presents professional image to consumers through dress, behavior and speech.
• Adheres to Company standards for resolving consumer concerns.
• Ensures that all consumer/resident rights are protected.
The Rehabilitation and Wellness Centre of Dallas offers transitional care, short term rehabilitation and post-acute services in a luxurious environment. Our skilled nursing facility offers orthopedic rehabilitation, wound management and therapy services with an emphasis on enhanced customer service.
Our post-acute rehabilitation and skilled nursing team of professionals specialize in stroke recovery, joint replacement therapy services, cardiac rehabilitation and recovery after spinal cord surgery.
We are committed to providing specialized, goal-directed care to help patients recover from an injury or an illness and get home as quickly and safely as possible. Please contact us to schedule a tour or request further information.