This person will provide initial patient/clinic contact. He or she must be able to perform the varied functions of this position and at the same time be helpful and cordial to all patients.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience: 6 Months of relevant experience required. One year experience as a Medical Receptionist strongly preferred and billing, cashier, and data entry experience preferred.
- Licenses/Certificates/Registration: None
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required: Knowledge of medical terminology or willingness to learn; Bilingual English/Spanish required. Must demonstrate ability to communicate at level 9 on the ALTA language proficiency scale; have the ability to work under stressful conditions; exercise independent judgment and discretion; have a pleasant, courteous telephone manner; ability to handle irritated patients; ability to prioritize and handle a variety of tasks simultaneously; ability to work with frequent interruptions; knowledge of 10-key, Microsoft Windows/programs; and knowledge of medical billing insurance helpful.
Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic serves more than 140,000 people across 19 medical clinics, 10 dental clinics, and 57 programs in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full-spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working at Farm Workers Clinic means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic:
- We will consistently TRUST one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster INTEGRITY by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate TRANSPARENCY by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create PARTNERSHIPS to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for JUST TREATMENT for all individuals.
- We will let JOY in.
- We have the COURAGE to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.
Location/Region: Yakima, WA (US - 98902)