A great job, in the great Northwest! Salem is well position in Oregon, it is just an hours’ drive to the coast and Cascade Mountains and 45 minutes to Portland. Our independent, private multi-specialty physician medical group is recruiting for an experienced Chief Administrative Officer for the future retirement of our 20+ year leader. Snapshot: 80+ physicians. 500+ staff. 4 locations. Lab. Imaging. Family Medicine. Internal Medicine. Obstetrics & Gynecology. General, bariatric and vascular surgery. Pediatrics. Urgent Care. Hospital-based medicine.
Does your resume demonstrate longevity? Diplomacy? Forward thought? Hard work? Do you desire a positive work environment, a dedicated team, and daily challenges? If yes, please read more and then reach out to us!
Job Summary: Responsible for planning, directing, coordinating, and controlling all operations and activities of the Clinic within the scope of the policies established by the Board of Directors.
Administrative Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Board to establish goals and objectives for the organization. Provide the Board with relevant information, reports, advice and assistance to facilitate their roles/responsibilities.
- Develop and maintain an effective organizational structure and strategic plan to ensure achievement of the Clinic’s objectives.
- Delegate responsibility and authority to senior management staff and department supervisors while retaining overall responsibility and accountability.
- Communicate regularly with staff, shareholders, suppliers, and patients.
- Attend professional meetings and seminars at the local, regional, state, and national level, that pertain to the administration of medical groups.
- Function as a resource and advisor to the Clinic’s committees.
- Carry out other duties as directed by the Board.
- Keep the Board of Directors and Shareholders apprised of current situations in financial matters, corporate matters, personnel, patient or other matters that need attention.
- Oversee the maintenance of the following for all physicians:
Participate in corporate meeting with Board of Directors and Shareholders; provide statistical reports on practice.Keep an open mind to new ideas from both employees and physicians. Implement new ideas to try to keep practice from becoming stagnant.Coordinate with Medical Director on a regular basis (at least weekly).Provide an example to all employees and physicians regarding personal work habits appropriate to job duties.
- Current CME files to substantiate CME credits needed for renewal of medical licenses.
- Medical licenses.
- DEA licenses.
- Professional liability policies.
- Application and reapplication to medical associations, organizations, and hospitals.
- Obtain signatures from doctors, when necessary, on all corporate, legal, financial or medical matters.
- Assure appropriate response to any possible medical malpractice suit.
Personnel Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the formulation and administration of systems, policies, and procedures for all Clinic non-physician personnel. Ensure that policies and procedures are uniformly communicated and properly administered.
- Oversee the hiring of all staff.
- Direct the completion of both probationary evaluations and annual evaluations of all employees.
- Maintain insurance policies for employees: health, life, disability, and workers’ compensation.
- Keep employees informed of employee benefits and answer questions regarding same.
- Keep current on employee problems and counsel as necessary.
- Coordinate research seminars and training programs; evaluate for possible employee education and training.
Operational Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain Clinic banking relationships with Board direction; obtain financing as required and implement investment decisions.
- Maintain adequate insurance coverage for the Clinic in the event of legal proceedings, fire, theft, and property damage.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect Clinic money and property against loss or waste through negligence or dishonesty.
- Responsible for day-to-day relations with legal counsel, accountants, and vendors.
- Work with Accounting and Attorneys to maintain the orderly and efficient management of the Clinic business records, adhering to legal and tax requirements.
- Conduct the financial operation of the Clinic to meet all operating expenses, provide for debt retirement and maintenance of facilities and equipment.
- Continuously review all factors affecting the operating costs of the Clinic. Take necessary corrective action to keep costs commensurate with Clinic objectives and recommend appropriate actions for approval by the Board.
- Assist CFO in providing the Board with a monthly profit/loss statement and otherreports deemed appropriate to represent the financial position of the Clinic.
- Negotiate contracts with insurance carriers, hospital systems and other providers.
- Facilitate the timely and accurate billing and collection of Clinic fees.
- Coordinate marketing activities.
- Facilitate the maintenance of timely, accurate and efficient medical records system.
- Seven years of prior outpatient medical group management experience.
- Extensive experience in prepaid managed care and contracting.
- Positive leadership qualities.
- Ability to work with physicians and other health care professionals.
- Possess the temperament to confront peers and foster conflict resolutions.
- Ability to foster the cooperation of others in the pursuit of common objectives.
- MBA or equivalent.
Location/Region: Salem, OR