PRADCO Outdoor Brands (POB), a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., is the largest company in the world that manufactures and markets major hunting and fishing brands and products under one parent organization. We are a leader in producing game calls, scents, attractants, game feeders, game cameras, tree stands and fishing lures. PRADCO Hunting owns the brands Moultrie, Summit, Knight & Hale and Code Blue. PRADCO Fishing owns more than 20 brands including Rebel, YUM, Booyah, Lindy and Bomber Saltwater Grade. For more information on PRADCO products, please visit our website at www.pradcooutdoorbrands.com. As a member of the EBSCO family of companies, PRADCO team members participate in a selection of outstanding benefits, including: EBSCO Profit Sharing Trust, Excellent Medical/Dental/Drug/Vision benefits, and many other benefits.SUMMARY Operator:
Molding operators are responsible for assembly and trimming requirements of all molded parts. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Molding Operator: (Note: Checks are visual and should not take more then a couple of minutes to complete.)
- Assist Quality Department by checking Molded Parts for the following non-conformances:
- Excessive Flash
- Short Shorts
- Any other issues that you feel would be Quality Related.
- Check Hardware on Welding Stations against Master Diagram (Drawing) for but not limited too:
- Correct Hardware
- Hardware isn’t mixed.
- Report all discrepancies to the Molding Supervisor.
- Production output and Quality must meet productions standards.
- Assist Quality Department by checking Welded Parts for the following non-conformances:
- Excessive Flash / Dust / Gaps / Cracks
- Short Shorts
- Any other issues that you feel would be Quality Related.
- Ensure Welder Counter has been reset at the beginning of the shift. Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
: High School Diploma or GED. LANGUAGE SKILLS
: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general specification sheets, technical procedures. Ability to write reports, Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, plant employees. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages. REASONING ABILITY
: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Employee may sit or stand as needed 95% , walk 5%. WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and or hazardous chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. Nearest Major Market:
Fort Smith Job Segment:
Equipment Operator, Welding, Manufacturing Apply now
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Fort Smith, AR (US)