Teamwork. Integrity. Dedication.
Together, we make a difference.
If you are a career-minded, service-driven professional looking to join a fast paced organization then you have come to the right place. AAA is a member service organization affiliated with the national AAA network. With offices across the U.S., we're united by common mission and common values of excellent member service. With more than 13,000 employees in 21 states, we provide legendary service to 15 million loyal members. With a constantly growing membership, we are always welcoming dedicated professionals looking to challenge themselves and build a career within our dynamic organization. You will find that being part of a very successful team is extremely rewarding.
- The Business Architect implements methodologies and programs that help business leaders improve the way we operate the business in order to achieve operational goals and realize our corporate strategy.
- The resulting operational models consider the combined application of people, process, technology and information to improve operations and gain competitive advantage.
- The Business Architect informs enterprise decisions and roadmaps for investment in improved or new capabilities, helping determine what capabilities the enterprise must develop to satisfy its customers, compete in a market, deal with its suppliers, and sustain operations.
- The Business Architect develops an integrated view of company business capabilities and processes using a repeatable approach, cohesive framework, and available industry standard techniques.
- The Enterprise Business Architect function provides consulting services, including practices, expertise, and resources to tackle business challenges and help identify and manage needed process improvements (including identification of new or improved business capabilities).
- The Business Architect defines and leads overall business capabilities planning and design in support of the business strategy, regardless of where it is found or what the solution may be, with a primary focus on technology.
- The Business Architect works closely with the IT Architects ensuring that needed business capabilities are met by the most efficient, effective use of IT processes, technology and data management.
- SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES: Devises strategies and programs for improving overall Business Architecture across the enterprise.
- Contributes to establishing practices, standards and governance for effective Business Architecture across the organization.
- Defines enterprise-wide practices for capabilities definition and complete solution requirements elaboration and incorporates concerns such as operational quality, governance and controls, maintainability, solution quality and adoption.
- Takes an active role in enterprise portfolio investment decisions by assessing and rationalizing proposed enterprise capabilities.
- Develops and maintains overall business capability roadmaps based on a situational awareness of overall business strategy, operational goals, and critical business challenges and opportunities.
- Leads the evaluation of solution options and develops recommendations based on business requirements.
- Ensures projects and proposals are well formed and align with corporate strategic goals; functions as an expert resource to the business to answer or facilitate responses to business related technology questions.
- Works with the business leaders and project team members to assess current capabilities and identify high-level requirements.
- Monitors business analysis processes/methodology to achieve team goals or objectives; determines and monitors process inefficiencies with resources and/or workflows and leads the process change to improve efficiency of workflows.
- Consults as part of the Business Architect consulting practice to support business leaders on critical improvement initiatives and other business problems.
- Delivers measurable business process improvements through these engagements.
- Standardizes and coordinates business architecture efforts in the Operations organization.
- Re-engineers key processes and capabilities and maps to future-state vision.
- Leads and mentors other cross functional team members in the development of business architect and analyst deliverables, understanding industry best practices/standards.
- Engineering or other technical degree including experience with statistical / quality methodology 10+ years' experience with 6-8 years of experience gained within financial services industry, or consulting firms; in depth knowledge of stated industry, of technology and of process, such as cross-functional business processes for major operational areas, project management, vendor management and project life cycle.
- Business thinking and highly strategic in order to define practical solutions that align with corporate strategy.
- A broad, enterprise-wide view of the business and varying degrees of appreciation for strategy, processes and capabilities.
- Strong process analysis and modeling skills along with ability to lead complex enterprise teams through business process integrations, converting business strategy into action oriented objectives and measurable results.
- Ability to apply architectural principles to business solutions. Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communication as well as visualizations.
- Ability to act as liaison conveying information needs of the business to IT and data constraints to the business; applies equal conveyance regarding business strategy and IT strategy, business processes and work flow automation, business initiatives, IT initiatives, and benefit realization and service delivery.
- Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others and move toward consensus.
- Strong situational analysis and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to think creatively and to drive innovation.
· Health Coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision
· Paid time off including Vacation, Illness and Holidays
· Life Insurance
· Disability Coverage
· 401k Savings Plan
· Employee Discounts
· Career opportunities across multiple business lines and states
“Creating members for life by exceeding our members' expectations through valuable products and legendary service.”
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location/Region: Costa Mesa, CA