Job ID 84479 Full / Part Time:Full time
Under the direction of the Manager of Planning & Design, the Associate Designer will perform a wide variety of duties pertaining to the architectural environment and management of projects associated. Projects may include, but are not limited to; signs, artwork, interior finishes, furnishings, accessories, relocation activities for Baystate Health properties either owned or non-owned.The Associate Designer will help establish appropriate schedules and budgets and will be proficient at completing the assigned tasks on-time and on-budget. Duties will be focused on enhancing the patient experience and the employee work environment in an effort to create a healing environment and engaged employees.The Associate Designer will be adept at establishing relationships with all parties involved in all associated project phases and processes that facilitate harmonious working relationships during and after the project and respond promptly to and resolve all problems and conflicts as they occur.
1) Lead and manage sign systems and way finding components throughout Baystate Health.
2) Lead and manage artwork initiatives and management systems throughout Baystate Health.
3) Assist both internal and external team members on larger initiatives and projects to execute design related tasks, such as; finish selections, artwork, signs, furnishings accessories and move activities.
4) Lead cross-functional teams to include physicians, nurses and patients to gather data, observe operating procedures and workflows. Efficiently lead project meetings with clients, consultants and contractors in support of the overall completion of an on-time and on-budget process.
5) Develop, manage and adhere to budgets. Responsible for tracking of requisitions and invoices with an emphasis on fiscal responsibility.
6) Successfully execute artistic selections and color composition, which include selection of appropriate colors, furniture and materials to enhance the patient experience, ensure durability, safety and accessibility.
7) Manage move processes, space planning and design efforts, while ensuring that scope, schedules and documentation are accurately adhered to.
8) Maintain design library and obtain samples as needed for the Design team.
9) Maintain work areas and equipment in a safe, neat and orderly condition. Advanced knowledge of safety requirements and willingness to learn Interim Life Safety measures and Infection Control procedures.
Required Work Experience:
1) 2 - 4 years or no experience required if candidate possesses a BA/BS in Interior Design, Arts, Graphics, Architecture or related field
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Compentencies:
1) Basis computer skills and math skills
2) Ability to read, write and speak English
3) Ability to work with minimum supervision
4) Strong interpersonal communication skills including the ability to facilitate efficient, productive meetings and the ability to resolve conflicts in a professional manner
5) Strong organizational and project management skills
6) Self-motivated individual able to manage multiple priorities, objectives, and deadlines
7) Exhibits sound understanding of color theory, furnishings, artwork, materials and finishes
8) Exhibits professional conduct that adheres to the values, mission and philosophy by incorporating and living the operating principles of behavior which include trust, respect, integrity, collaboration and communication
9) Ability to solve problems, ask questions and utilize critical thinking skills related to building maintenance and repair
10) Project management skills are necessary for this position such as maintaining and adhering to project timelines, budgets and in-house safety and Infection Control requirements
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Location/Region: Springfield, MA