The Suburban Collection is seeking a motivated Parts CounterPerson to join our team!
As a Parts Counterperson, you will be responsible for assisting customers and automotive mechanics to find accessories and order parts for repairs and upgrades to vehicles.
Company Overview: The Suburban organization believes that its strength, continued success, future growth and profitability depend on building trusting relationships with our employees, customers and industry partners.
Individual and organizational pride are critical elements of our future.
Our people make all the difference. This belief fosters a commitment to provide opportunities for growth and new challenges for our employees so they may achieve professional development and personal fulfillment.
Working with our local communities, we help and support those people and organizations whose fulfillment enhances their quality of life as it does our own.
Parts CounterPerson Responsibilities: * Oversee the parts sales process from start to finish.
* Communicate with staff and customers in a friendly and professional manner.
* Converse effectively/efficiently regarding customer parts status.
* Read and understand the parts catalog when looking up and speaking to specific parts.
* Answer phone calls, provide price quotes and other information to customers.
* Review body shop estimates to verify the parts ordered are correct and all pricing is in line with the estimate.
* Provide high level service to both internal and external customers.
* Pull/fill orders from stock and maintain weekly bin checks to ensure accuracy of stock.
* Notify parts manager of out-of-stock parts or shop materials that need immediate attention.
* Locate out-of-stock parts from outside source and submit an emergency order, if necessary.
* Make sure all internal requests for parts are billed on service repair order.
* Receive payment from retail customers or obtains credit authorization.
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Prior auto parts sales experience (preferred).
* Eager to improve in a dynamic work environment.
* Strong interpersonal and time management skills.
* Ability to read/interpret safety and maintenance documents.
* Ability to calculate figures/amounts including; discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, %, area, circumference, and volume.
* Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
What we offer:
* Unparalleled training program - One of the top Sales and Service Training Programs in the area.
* Family-oriented work environment with an open-door policy.
* Vacation and Holiday pay. * Celebration of work anniversaries, birthdays, and new team members in our monthly newsletter, The Scoop.
* Almost limitless growth opportunities - 32 different automotive brands in over 44 locations.
* Full benefits including maternity leave, medical, dental, vision, short-term disability insurance, company-paid life insurance - 2x annual income, 401k with company match
* Company-wide wellness program (open to all employees and spouses).
* Company stability - 70 years, continual growth, largest auto group in Michigan, 14th largest in US, annual sales in excess of $2 billion.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Location/Region: Troy, MI (48084)